Monday, August 23, 2010

Mankind shared equal yoke

All parts of the globe have felt the year passed every race and every life.

I have seen the ups and downs of 2009, mostly downs. And I considered myself as forsaken and rejected.

Time flits as quick as the vapor vanish in air. Yesterday is always the old science of tomorrow and what happens today is nothing but history for the next generation.

It was the first time I swallowed my precious pride and begged for some politicians’ money because my school has nothing to give us, not even a penny for the printing of our campus paper. The very first time I got kicked out of class because I overstayed at my journalism class for some undone articles.

But considering what others have gone through, I am not the only one affected by the past year. I am not the single one who took part of it but the world shared equal burden.

It is only now that I have realized that the planets don’t only rotate on my own axis but also revolve around the sun. I may live in my own peculiar world, but outside is a worse scenario than my childish dilemma.

Being at the top of my class, and seeing the dreadful digits of 89 on my card is a slap on my face. I feel humiliated and stripped down to nothing but shame. I see people laugh at me and throw insults on my face. I see it in my mind, I really do.

If this already means life and death to me, then what do you call the fateful experiences of my kababayans during the wreckage of typhoon Ondoy? Death and death as it is.

Every little thing in this world is affected by any means. Whether you are a celebrity or an ordinary fish ball vendor along the streets, you are part of it. 2009 and everything that comes within it doesn’t have the power to choose whom to influence. You and I aren’t exempted

The King of Pop, Michael Jackson died at 50, the first ever black president of the United States was inaugurated, and Great Britain entered recession. Everything is possible and doable.

Time flits as quick as the vapor vanish in air. Yesterday is always the old science of tomorrow and what happens today is nothing but history for the next generation.

At least now, I am pretty conscious that one life and another is affected by every ticking of the clock. That I am not located in the worst possible situation on earth.

Maybe this time, I could handle something like 89 on my report card and gulping my pride, knowing that everyone got their fair share of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment